Monday, February 11, 2013

Photo-of-Interest Monday: That One Time I Went to Church


I took this photo on a cold early morning in December of 2012. This is the Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Church adjacent to the convent that houses what are know as the Pink Sisters with their distinctly pink habits.

Like I said, it was early morning and before that my parents dragged me out of bed in an ungodly hour so we could attend the 6:30 AM mass. It was freezing but it wasn't a complete deterrent to go exploring. I was lucky enough to get this shot of the church before people started coming in numbers. The sun has yet to completely rise at the time so you can see the soon-to-be-up sun's glow behind the church.

I actually didn't want to attend mass and i figured the parents wouldn't mind so much considering I've frequently voiced the fact that I am not religion specific but they had their way and I sat with them. I wasn't really able to understand a thing that was said because the church had subpar speakers, like someone was layering a hint of static on the audio coming out.

Also, they had humongous mosquitos that can bite you through your jeans!

This has been a Monday post brought to you by The Purple Madhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment