Friday, February 8, 2013

Flashback Friday: Love Me

Poetry, September 2005 I'm thinking of renaming this series to Shameful Fridays, at least where my poetry is concerned. As predicted, it's another pathetic and sad poem from my teenage days. I really cannot stress the fact that I was going through some, err... issues back then and I've since learned my lesson. Expect 'unrequited love' to be the theme with this one. Are my dear and few readers even surprised?

Love Me

Show me how you really want me to be
And not just some lost fantasy
Know for me for what I do and show
And not for what pleasures I bestow

Treat me like a human
Like I am your only one
Look into my eyes and see the longing
And hear my heart calling

Realize we’re meant to be
That we are not just passion and bodies
Realize that we are one
Or so help me God I’ll come undone

There is more to us than what we have
And we’ve made it this far through the good and bad
Let’s make memories of love and care
I’ll love you forever if I dare

This has been a Friday post brought to you by The Purple Madhouse.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment