Wednesday, February 6, 2013

On Not Being Bothered



I'm taking this as an opportunity to express how true the above words are. I try to live by this as much as I can in my life. It's not easy but, in my opinion, there is nothing better than living your life and let the little things, the unimportant things sort itself out.

I think it was in high school I began to realize that there were bigger things in play and what I thought mattered back then wouldn't be so relevant in the future. I was bullied for a part of my high school life, mostly because my peers didn't like the way I was. Instead of trying to fit in to the status quo, I was more determined to be myself and to establish that this is who I am and it what these bullies thought didn't matter. What was important was that I didn't hide my truest self. It may have made me more vulnerable to teenage persecution but at least I was someone I could take pride on. The bullies were irrelevant, their opinions without merit. 

I think it's important to take enough care to think about what's worth pouring energy into, or at least that's what I try to do. I'd hate to waste effort and emotion into something that wasn't worth it in the end. If I wasted time in worrying about what people say about me and try to "perfect" my image, I would be one unhappy woman. I'd rather think about what I can do to better myself for me and for the people I love. 


This has been a Wednesday post brought to you by The Purple Madhouse.


DISCLAIMER: No copyright infringement intended. I take no ownership of the image used in this blog post. Images found on the internet are considered for public use unless explicitly dictated otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment