Wednesday, January 9, 2013

On Working a Little Harder


With a New Year comes the usual resolutions that we come up with. We either follow through or we give after a while. This year I have decided on one main resolution that I think will affect the entirety of my 2013: work harder.

I will admit that at times I do coast along when it comes to work and other things. It's just easier that way. My euphoria of getting things done with little to no effort can be addicting but that niggling feeling of dissatisfaction in my work persists and wins out in the end. 

I'm the type of person that takes pride in what they do because it reflects on the type of person that they are. I hate it when people half-ass their work and by coasting I am becoming what I dislike. No person worth their salt would ever stand for such a thing.

Even if I've put more effort in the things that I do, there is always room for more hard work. This applies to not only in the office but in other aspects of life as well. It's always been easier to talk the talk but actually doing it is an entirely different thing; I'll just have to focus and remember to work harder. On everything.

This has been a Wednesday post brought to you by The Purple Madhouse.

DISCLAIMER: No copyright infringement intended. I take no ownership of the image used in this blog post. Images found on the internet are considered for public use unless explicitly dictated otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment