Friday, January 18, 2013

Flashback Friday: The Window

Poetry, September 2005 — Another sad poem. <sarcasm>Surprise, surprise.</sarcasm> The inspiration for this was a photo I took back in highschool as you can see after the poem. She was looking out the window (hence the title) and my mind started turning at the thought of a woman desperately waiting for her lover. Seriously, I don't really know how I came up with this things. I guess it was my state of mind back then. But I digress. On with my sad poetry!

The Window
I look out upon my window
Hoping to see you in the horizon
But alas I see nothing
Neither form nor shadow

Day by day I wait here
The same old place
The everlasting emptiness
I wait until hope turns to fear

I sit by my window
Wondering when you'll come back
I'm running out of faith
But still I wait fro tomorrow

Now I realize that it's too late
The past is the past
So I'll do the right thing and say goodbye
I'll close my window and give into fate


Jessamine Guevarra, 2006, 3rd HS Sec. Newton,  DLA.

















This has been a Friday post brought to you by The Purple Madhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment