Friday, January 11, 2013

Flashback Friday: The Last Time

Poetry, 2005 I am seriously risking ridicule for all my 2005 poetry. I honestly cannot remember any though process from when I wrote these poems. I was young and was ridiculously inclined to write about my teenage heartbreak. This was me at fifteen emulating a "strong independent woman who will not stand to be hurt any-moh" *snaps fingers in Z-formation.*

The Last Time

You’ve taken from me long enough
I’ve never felt this way before
I don’t know if this gives you laughs
But you can’t hurt me anymore

This is the last time I’ll listen to you
And from now own I’ll now what to do
For now I’ve learned what it’s like
To be hurt and hurt endlessly

I may not make sense
I may be confused
But one thing’s for sure
This is the last time I’ll be hurt by you

This has been a Friday post brought to you by The Purple Madhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment