Friday, December 14, 2012

Flashback Friday: A Broken Heart's Thoughts

Poetry, 2005 The cheesiest and most emo Flashback Friday yet. I'm actually quiet embarrased to post this. 2005, man. It was pungent with teenage angst. Don't judge me, please. I was young and I needed to express myself. 

A Broken Heart's Thoughts

Love has gone away again
And you know your heart would never mend
You built up a wall around yourself
And swore never to be stuck in another love fest

You walk the world with no heart
Keeping yourself and love apart
You speak of no love and no care
But you know you’d love again if you dare

You’ve learned once how hurtful it could be
To love and love regretfully
But if all you’d get is a broken heart
Then you’d rather be alone than play the part

No comments:

Post a Comment