Monday, November 12, 2012

Photo-of-Interest Monday: Mango Flower and Macaroons


This is a photo I took during one of our events at work, Manila FAME. Right before I was about to leave to go on my afternoon rounds, a waiter-type person waltzes in with a tray laden with food. For obvious reasons I took the photo because it looked pretty. And also because I wanted to eat it so bad. I'm guessing beneath the mango floral arrangement is some sort of cake — cheesecake would be my best bet. Of course, macaroons are awesome, too. I mean, who doesn't like macaroons? They're arguably, in my humble opinion, one of the best bite-size foodgasm-causers. 

Another reason I took the photo was I admired the artistry it took to create what, as you've realized, I've taken to calling the Mango Flower. As someone who likes to cook and bake, I'm always curious and in awe of the work put behind food masterpieces. And wistfully I dream about the day I'll be able to recreate something akin to this. But of course I'd have to put in the hours and practice. Still, someday... [wistful daydream mode]

This has been a Monday post brought to you by The Purple Madhouse.


3 comments:

  1. hahaha well dreams do became reality ^_^. Next thing to do is make it happen. Just remember one thing, after you've created your perfect masterpiece can we have a bite? PLZ

    hahhaahah

    And one more thing what type of camera did you used in this photo. The details were clear. :)

    Miss you JD
    --Choco Nico

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nico!!! I used my DSLR, Canon 1000D which I named Farrelly. A pretty basic DSLR. But I did do some editing with Photoshop. Played around with the levels and sharpened the image a bit. :]

      Thankies for taking a look see here at the blog.

      Delete
    2. Oh wow you havent introduced me yet to Farrelly hahaha. I want to learn photoshop again :D i cant recall some of our lessons for photo editing.

      Well anything for JD ahahah ill support you all the way. Now im hungry hahahaha

      Delete