Monday, November 26, 2012

Photo-of-Interest Monday: Treats from a Homecoming


My Dad came home from Cebu over the weekend. He stayed for pretty much a day before he had to go back but it was really good to see him again. I miss him a lot. I wished he'd come home more often.

He brought home my favorite hopia from La Fortuna Bakery, which in my opinion makes the most awesome ones in the world. It is unchallenged in my not-so-humble opinion and I still keep on wishing that they would open a branch here. I mean, I'd go devout in the religion I was baptized in if it would mean a La Fortuna Bakery a mere few feet away from where I live. 

He also brought some Masareal, a sweet treat made of peanuts and sugar syrup unique to Cebu (I think.) I guess I like it so much because of the peanut component and, of course, the sweet part more than helps it appeal.

There you have it. Sweet treats from a homecoming.

This has been a Monday post brought to you by The Purple Madhouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment