Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Music for the Movie of My Life


This is something I thought would be fun to do. For the past year I've been hanging around a social site and I've been inspired by so many things for it. I thought this was quite funny so I decided to do it, too - on the site and here in my blog as well.

So here's what you have to do: put your music player on shuffle and every song that comes up will be the soundtrack to the movie of you life.

OPENING CREDITS

My Boy Builds Coffins 
Florence + The Machine
Lungs

WAKING UP

Misery Business 
(Unplugged Version)
Paramore
MTV Unplugged
FIRST DAY AT SCHOOL

Tore My Heart
Oona and David Tweedie
Shhhhout EP
FALLING IN LOVE


Candyman

Christina Aguilera
Back to Basics
FIGHT SONG
Hot Blooded
Foreigner
Hot Blooded and Other Hits
BREAKING UP

Hollaback Girl
Gwen Stefani
Love Angel Music Baby
LIFE'S OKAY

This Love
Maroon 5
Songs About Jane
The songs sort of make sense to me. The way I would write the script of my life movie, purely based on the song choices, would go like this: 

My movie starts out miserable, having broken up with someone recently. We can relate the songs Misery Business (which is basically a song about a boyfriend-stealing skank) and Tore My Heart (I think the title says it all). 

Then as the story progresses I fall in love again but Candyman would not be the first song I'd pick as the song I'd fall in love too. Perhaps my love interest is in fact a candy man who works in a candy store. I don't know, really. I just wouldn't pick that song. It's not even in my top 20.

I'm not even going to explain how Hot Blooded can be a fight song. At the most, all I can think of is angry sex. My mind is kind of in the gutter right now.

Of course, there is the inevitable break up. But I'm cool. I am a strong, independent woman. I am a BAMF. I don't need someone to complete me. Insert Hollaback Girl in scene.

This Love is actually appropriate for Life's Okay scene of my movie. I'm taking a stand in this last part of the movie and choosing not to give in and go back to a relationship gone south, after all this love has taken it's toll on me. 

This whole post has been an exercise of my creative mind, though my life is not like this "movie" in any way. I was merely letting the songs write the script for me, if that makes any sense. If I did write a movie about my life, it wouldn't go like what the songs dictated. 

I encourage everyone to try this little thing, even just the part with the songs. You don't have to write how your life movie will go but if you want to, go right ahead. Write an actually script if you want. Just let the creativity shine through. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment