Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Name Days and a Wasted Holiday

9.13 AM

It supposed to be a holiday today. No work. Supposedly. I had to bid my free day adieu and grudgingly prepared myself for work just four hours earlier. Yes, I did take my time. Yes, that is indicative of how much I do not want to go to work today.

Of course, there is a legitimate reason for this mandate of our beloved company: it's event season and we've got three happening simultaneously this week.

Do I understand that reasoning? Yes.

Am I gonna be a dick and still want my holiday? Yes.

Am I still gonna try to work at my fullest capacity when I get to work today? Yes, and hopefully I'll get it all done early so I can bug out of there by 3 PM. I've got my bestie's birthday to get to.


1.49 PM

She had developed a nature of abruptness. Or perhaps she had it all along; I was just none the wiser. At times, talking to her makes me feel like I've offended her version of ethical sensibilities. And I may have -- once, long ago, and I've tried to make it up to her, really.

But one gets tired of trying to get into another's good graces and I thought, 'Does it really matter?' I decided that I had done enough penance. What else can I do if they can't get over the whole thing? I don't think it makes my apology any less honest. Some people just can get past anything to see the honesty.


4.51 PM

I just snuck out from work.

It's not as if I can't leave at any time I want today; it is considered an overtime work day. It's just people tend to frown upon you leaving early when they have to stay behind and finish whatever work they have to do. Apparently, tendering overtime even when you don't have to is a way to show solidarity.

My rule: If I finished my work early, I get to leave early.

The rest of them can suck it up.


12.53 AM

The bestie's birthday party was epically hilarious.

We were a group of people, virtually strangers, connected through one person and we were all sitting and conversing with ease, an outsider would've sworn we all knew each other for years.

I enjoyed that seamlessness. I wished it could always be that way with new people I meet. But, alas, I'm much to introverted with strangers. I love those rare special cases though. It gives me hope in my capacity to connect.

To the bestie, Happy Birthday! My fondest thoughts to you always. 10 years of friendship, good and bad faced with a bond stronger than ever. Here's to another decade more and beyond.

Walang umayan.

No comments:

Post a Comment